Launched in 2007, 1st Merchant Funding (the “Company”) is a leading provider of merchant cash advance products available to small and medium-sized businesses. The Company utilizes data aggregation and electronic payment receipts in conjunction with proprietary scoring models to evaluate the financial health of small businesses, and provide immediate working capital as quick as two business days. The Company has one of the industry’s largest independent sales networks with over 2,600 independent sales agents marketing its cash advance products. Businesses typically use the Company’s capital to fund expansion, purchase equipment and inventory, increase advertising, manage unexpected expenses and take advantage of seasonal opportunities. The Company is also the exclusive gatekeeper of, PowerForce®, the industry’s leading disruptive financial technology platform. For more information about the Company, visit www.1stmerchantfunding.com.
The Channel Sales Manager will be based in Miami and will be required to travel as may be required to achieve the Company’s targeted growth objectives.
Part of the ISO Channel Sales Team, the Channel Sales Manager will be directly responsible for developing and enhancing successful relationships with independent sales organizations (ISOs), as well promoting, marketing and selling the Company’s merchant cash advance and loan products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and enhance ISO relationships through relationship management, account review, and training, while increasing MCA/loan volumes over time
- Manage a portfolio of existing ISOs and maintain continued contact with existing customer base
- Hit the phones hard and generate new business from ISOs
- Negotiate contracts for both ISOs and business owners and actively support the ‘submission to funding’ process
- Ability to put together and analyze data to effectively strategize with ISOs
- Follow up with ISOs and merchants regarding their experience, respond to requests, introduce new products, and solve/refer problems and issues
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Be an effective partner to maintain ISO relationships
- Understand market trends and competition within the online cash advance and lending space
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 4+ years sales experience through high-volume phone and email communications
- Experience in merchant cash advance and small business lending and/or banking and financial industries a strong plus
- Track record of paying attention to details, logging details, using details to track actionable items, and follow thru on requirements and priorities
- Strong and consistent track record of hitting and surpassing sales goals
- Smart prospecting to identify and develop new ISOs on the Company’s funding platform
- Effective working with underwriting and operations professionals to follow the Company’s processes and guidelines
- You are self-motivated, driven to work hard in a fast-paced “win focused” environment
- Excellent organizational/time management skills to ensure follow up with all ISOs and business owners
- Experience in professional relationship building and negotiation skills
- Able to effectively communicate in both written and verbally, as well as cross functionally
- Very strong communications and influence skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with salesforce.com a plus
- College degree strongly preferred
1st Merchant Funding LLC and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers that exercise high ethical standards and are committed to complying with all laws in the jurisdictions where they conduct business.